Congratulations on becoming part of the University of Miami community! Orientation is a time of celebration and new beginnings. Here are a few things to know about our orientation program:
Orientation is a mandatory transition program immediately prior to the start of classes that assists undergraduate first-year and transfer students with their academic, personal, social, and cultural transition to the University of Miami. By participating in Orientation, students:
- Gain insight, familiarity, and appreciate that they are important members of the University community.
- Begin to understand their academic requirements and expectations as well as community expectations, requirements, and responsibilities.
- Develop a connection to the UM community through interactions with fellow incoming students, current students, faculty, and staff.
- Are exposed to some of the transition issues they may encounter and develop strategies to manage these transitions.
- Know how to access information about co-curricular opportunities.
- Begin to feel comfortable on campus and know where various resources and services are located.
- Have fun, feel comfortable, and be excited about their decision to attend the University of Miami.