Here are a few things to know about the University of Miami’s Orientation program:
Registration is required for ’Cane Kickoff. Once you have paid your enrollment deposit, you will have access to the registration system by following the prompts through CaneLink. To register, please click on the “Orientation Registration” link and complete the directions with your information. You will receive a confirmation email once you have completed registration.
Cane Kickoff’ is a mandatory transition program immediately prior to the start of classes that assists undergraduate first-year and transfer students with their academic, personal, social, and cultural transition to the University of Miami. By participating in Cane Kickoff’, students will:
Schedules are developed through the summer, though we seek to provide you with basic information on-line as early as possible to assist you and your family with travel arrangements. Please note that the information will change periodically as the schedule is updated.
- Gain insight, familiarity, and appreciate that they are important members of the University community.
- Begin to understand their academic requirements and expectations as well as community expectations, requirements, and responsibilities.
- Develop a connection to the UM community through interactions with fellow incoming students, current students, faculty, and staff.
- Be exposed to some of the transition issues they may encounter and develop strategies to manage these transitions.
- Know how to access information about co-curricular opportunities.
- Begin to feel comfortable on campus and know where various resources and services are located.
- Have fun, feel comfortable, and be excited about their decision to attend the University of Miami.
All of our communication is electronic, so please be on the lookout for emails from our department with the information regarding New Student Orientation.