The Department of Orientation & Commuter Student Involvement (OCSI) supports new students and families through their transition to the University of Miami. OCSI facilitates programs and resources to successfully and holistically acclimate all new undergraduate students to the academic and social fabric of the institution.
To this end, the Department of Orientation & Commuter Student Involvement:
- Provides programs, resources, and education that support transition.
- Empowers students to achieve their personal and academic goals in support of the University of Miami’s mission.
- Engages parents and family members as partners in supporting student success.
- Develops students as leaders who facilitate the successful transition of their new student peers.
- Creates transitional interventions for special student populations including commuter students and transfer students.
- Actively supports transfer and commuter students through advocacy and programming.